Easy Orange Spice Potpourri
Homemade Christmas potpourri is easy to make! This heavenly orange spice version will fill your home with the warm and bright scents of spice and citrus - and it makes a great DIY gift!
- dried orange slices
- dried whole cloves
- cinnamon sticks (broken odds & ends are fine!)
- star anise (optional)
- whole allspice (optional)
- whole dried juniper berries (optional)
- dried chopped ginger root (optional)
Break all orange pieces and cinnamon sticks into small pieces - the size of a nickel or smaller works well.
Add cloves, and any additional spices. (Try choosing two or more from the optional list above!)
Mix all orange pieces and spices thoroughly.
To Use Homemade Potpourri:
- Use in place of store-bought dry potpourri in the bowl of a potpourri burner (don't for get to include water!)
- Display dry homemade potpourri in a small bowl.
- Simmer with water in a small pan on the stovetop, or with plenty of water in a crockpot (don't forget to leave the lid off!).
To Store Christmas Potpourri