Fusilli Alfredo with Lemon Tuna & Herbs
- 8 ounces dried gluten-free fusilli
- 1/2 cup pastured butter, unsalted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups high-quality grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish when plating
- 1 6.7 oz jar Toninno Tuna Fillets with Lemon & Pepper
- 1.5 cups fresh herbs, roughly chopped Try a combination of dill, parsley, mint, and thyme. Foraged herbs like red sorrel & lambsquarter work wonderfully too!
- 1 lemon (optional)
Cook fusilli according to instructions on package. Drain.
While fusilli is cooking, make the alfredo sauce.
Add butter and cream to large saucepan.
Bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring continually.
Remove from heat, and whisk in grated parmesan, continuing to stir until cheese is melted, and sauce is smooth.
Once the sauce is ready...
Toss the drained fusilli lightly with the alfredo sauce, until well coated with sauce.
Plate the pasta into 4 large bowls, adding 1/4 of the tuna fillets and 1/4 of the fresh herbs to each serving.
Top with a grating of high-quality parmisan cheese, and wedge of lemon if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 833kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 39g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4022IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 509mg | Iron: 3mg