This Cranberry Orange Christmas Bread recipe is quick and easy to make. With just the right amount of sweetness to counter the tart cranberries, a hint of orange brings it all together to make this bread look and taste like Christmas.
Originally published March 2019. Updated Sept. 2021.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to learn more.
There's something about the smell and taste of orange and cranberry together, that just feels like Christmas to me!
From cranberry orange chutneys, to muffins, to sweet breads, it's a combination that works so well together. I always think it's comforting and homey, yet festive at the same time.
For years, I've gravitated to making cranberry muffins with orange in them, during the holiday season. Probably at least one a week from November through January, they're what's for breakfast in our house.
But this year, my four year old is particularly delighted by quick breads. Muffins are old news. Sweet breads are where it's at.
It makes him SO HAPPY to walk into the kitchen and see a loaf of zucchini bread, or banana bread! To that little four year old heart, there's just something really special about a warm, sweet slice of quick bread, slathered with melty butter. His delight is contagious, and I'm happy to oblige. Heaven knows we need an extra dose of kitchen comfort this year!
And so I've started tweaking some of my muffin recipes to make hearty loaves that delight the kids, and mix up my usual winter baking routine a bit.
This particular recipe is one of the biggest hits so far. I use it to make either one large loaf, or four cute little mini loaves. (These disposable holiday mini pans would be so cute for giving these as Christmas gifts!)
This Christmassy cranberry orange loaf has become such a family favorite, I just had to share it. In fact, the last time I made this, my daughter got out her little camera and started taking pictures, "So you can tell everyone how to make this. It's really good! Everyone should get to make this bread."
And so, here it is. From our kitchen to yours. I hope your family loves these tasty little loaves as much as mine!
Cranberry Orange Bread
- One large bread pan, or 4 mini bread pans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cups Einkorn flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 small orange, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare one large bread pan, or 4 mini bread pans, by greasing well, or lining with parchment.
- Add eggs, milk, juice, and oil to a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
- To another bowl, add the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl, and mix gently until well incorporated.
- Fold in cranberries, nuts, and chopped orange, stirring gently until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into bread pans. This recipe makes one large loaf, or about 4 miniature loaves.
- Bake until loaves are golden brown, and centers are firm - about 25 minutes for mini loaves, about 40-45 minutes for a large loaf.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, and serving.